Browse this topic
Automatic tracking terms and conditions
By accessing and using the automatic tracking features, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access, or use the automatic tracking features.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to use Canada Post’s automatic tracking feature and agree to Canada Post’s delivery preference Terms and Conditions which continue to apply.
- For Canada Post trackable packages, Canada Post will match packages in accordance with the details in your Canada Post profile, such as your name(s) and address. Automatic tracking will enable you to have your Canada Post package tracking numbers automatically added to your Canada Post track list when logged into your account (“auto-tracking”). This feature also enables notifications specific to packages whose tracking numbers are automatically added to your track list. You may unsubscribe from these notifications at any time within your automatic tracking preferences. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your Canada Post profile, including making any necessary changes to name, address or contact information, in order to maintain auto-tracking, as well as notifications.
- Your automatic tracking profile information, including but not limited to your full name, any alternate names, address, phone number, email address, your FlexDelivery ID and address (if applicable), shall be used for the purpose of matching and automatically adding Canada Post package tracking numbers to your Canada Post track list and providing notifications through application notifications, text or email messages to the contact information you have so provided in relation to updates regarding tracked packages, as well as for applying a delivery preference for all packages that are eligible for such preference regarding same. This information may also be used for Canada Post communications to you regarding the automatic tracking feature.
- Not all tracking numbers relating to your package services with Canada Post will be captured and appear within your Canada Post track list.
- Auto-tracked tracking numbers may appear on your track list at any point during the delivery process. You may add or delete tracking numbers manually should you wish to do so.
- Canada Post will continue to first attempt to deliver packages as per your usual delivery mode (i.e. community mailbox, parcel locker). You may add a delivery preference for packages auto-tracked by Canada Post (if applicable or permitted by Canada Post in its sole and absolute discretion). Delivery will be attempted in accordance with your delivery preference should delivery through the usual delivery mode not be possible. You may have the ability to override any delivery preference, if applicable, for a specific auto-tracked package by viewing the Track details of this package. These features apply only to eligible parcels (e.g. not applicable to parcels requiring proof of age/identity or signature).
- Without limiting any other limitations of liability that apply to delivery of a package by Canada Post, none of Canada Post, its shareholders, affiliates, or any of the foregoing parties’ respective directors, officers, employees or contractors will have any liability whatsoever for any loss or damages arising in connection with (a) your use or attempted use of automatic tracking feature; or (b) Canada Post’s delivery or attempted delivery of the package (or failure to deliver the package) in accordance with the service you have selected. This limitation of liability applies (a) no matter what kind of loss or damage you experience, including, without limitation, lost business profits, property damage, personal injury or any other loss or damage; (b) whether the action is in contract, tort or otherwise; (c) even if Canada Post is expressly advised of the possibility of loss or damage; and (d) not matter what caused the loss or damages, including without limitation Canada Post’s negligence or gross negligence.
- You will indemnify Canada Post, its shareholders, affiliates, or any of the foregoing parties’ respective directors, officers, employees or contractors against all claims, damages, losses, fines, expenses (including all legal fees and costs) and/or any other type of liability (collectively, “Claims”) that arise from any damage, obstruction, interference, loss or theft of any property or information of Canada Post or any other party, that you cause through your use of the automatic tracking feature, or that is caused by someone who has obtained from you information we have sent you in the delivery notification or any other communication.
- Canada Post reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, discontinue these terms and conditions, and the products or services related to automatic tracking features, without notice to you the user. Your continued access to or use of the services herein described after any changes to these terms and conditions indicates your acceptance of such changes. It is your responsibility to review these terms and conditions regularly.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada. These laws apply to your access to or use of the services described herein, notwithstanding your domicile, residency or physical location. The services described herein are intended for use only in jurisdictions where they may lawfully be offered for use.